Elevating your shop to door experience
The synergy of our combined expertise in Customer Experience and Last-Mile delivery reshapes the B2B and B2C e-commerce landscape. By engaging at every touchpoint along the e-commerce and delivery journey, we delight the end-customer and make sure they come back for more while optimizing cost at the same time. This encompasses both the e-commerce frontend and the backend logistics, resulting in a seamless end-to-end experience.
Curious to know how we can help you elevate your shop to door experience? Book a meeting with our team of experts from ANT and Milkman Technologies
In the past decade online sales have grown tremendously, increasing by almost 600% the numbers of e-commerce orders made and delivered (source). According to the 2023 European E Commerce Report, e-commerce still continues to grow despite inflation, Covid-19, and economic fluctuation. The rise of E-commerce has led to increased use of technology to enhance the online customer experience with advanced features, speed, and reliability, effectively engaging interested customers and guiding them toward making a purchase.
A step into the past
For years, the primary focus has been on optimizing every aspect of the online sales process, reducing friction and simplifying the customer journey, resulting in cutting-edge E-commerce experiences.
Any order placed online eventually has to be delivered, but the delivery journey has never been the emphasis, as it was expected that online orders would take some time to reach their destination, and delivery efficiency was not a primary area of improvement.
This status quo prevailed until a few global disruptions transformed the market, seamlessly blending the finest delivery and e-commerce experiences to elevate supply chains as their competitive edge.
A step into the present
Currently, a great e-commerce and delivery experience is the expectation, but the reality is far from being as expected:
- In the UK, Citizens Advice reports that the problem of failed deliveries is on the rise. In 2022, their online advice on dealing with undelivered parcels was viewed nearly 211,000 times and of those who experienced a delivery problem and tried to resolve it, almost half (46%) faced additional problems, including financial losses.
- 85% of online shoppers are unwilling to buy again from the same brand if they are not satisfied by their home-delivery experience (source). A poor shipping experience can significantly impact the overall purchase experience, effectively nullifying the positive effects of a seamless E-commerce journey.
Consequently, this has several implications:
- Customers may abandon their shopping carts when faced with a subpar delivery experience.
- Customers are less likely to return for future purchases after a negative delivery experience.
- Increased delivery costs may be incurred to compensate for inefficiencies and meet market expectations for timely deliveries.